Santa Barbara Harbor
Santa Barbara Landing
301 W Cabrillo Blvd
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Camp Drop off is at the TRUTH at 8am on Monday.
What to Pack for your camper?
CI AMP includes multiple sports and activities over the 5-day trip – you’ll want to plan accordingly for the activities that you’ll be participating in. We suggest bringing the following items, for each activity.
- Kayak clothing – bathing suits and sun tops. Your camper will be given a Farmer John style wetsuit (like overalls).
- Small daypack – 25-35 liters
- Appropriate trail footwear
- 2 Towels
- Dry bags for San Miguel and Santa Rosa beach landings
- Reusable water bottle 1 liter or more
- Waterproof Camera
- Sleeping bag or additional blanket – the bunkroom can be chilly at night, we recommend bringing a sleeping bag or extra blanket.
- Personal medications and motion sickness medication. We cannot administer any medications to campers. If your camper has a severe or moderate allergy to anything, you must send the camper with no less than 2 doses of Epinephrine in an auto-injector.
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, etc) we have soap and shampoo in the showers.
- Sunglasses and hat.
- Sunscreen-must be reef-safe sunscreen. We also suggest SPF 50 long sleeved shirts. We sell these at Paddle Sports Center if you would like to load up before, shirts at only $25!
What to leave behind:
- Tablets and handheld games
- Snacks and drinks (we have plenty)
Cell Phone and Device Policy
Cell phone service where we are going is limited. The TRUTH has Starlink Internet which works in all areas. Campers will not be permitted to access this network, but parents will have direct contact with the boat at all times and the boat will be able to contact a parent in any special circumstance.
Camp flow can be interrupted by the use of phones and tablets, and our purpose to create an authentic ocean wilderness experience is enhanced by the absence of these devices while at camp. We hope you agree, but we’re willing to make some accommodations at special request.
- Campers are asked to surrender their phones to the crew once we get underway.
- At special request by the parents, we can allow the campers morning and afternoon access to their phones for the purpose of checking in with parents.
- Phones are returned to all campers when we return to the dock on Friday.
- Crew will message all parents 2 hours prior to arrival on the dock on Friday.
- All parents will be given an emergency contact phone number that rings directly on the boat and another that rings at the office. If there is an emergency, that camper’s phone will be returned to them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Each half of the vessel bunk room is sectioned off, one half for boys, and other half for girls. There is a counselor/guide of the same gender on each respective side.
Campers must be at least 13 years old. We ask that they are no older than 17 years old.
YES! There is no way around this. Previous swimming experience is required.
Yes, we are partnered with the City of Santa Barbara Parks and Recreation department.
Yes, our vessels are equipped with Starlink and have access to high speed internet for weather and communications. However, the kids don’t know that and we don’t share that! For the most part, our vessels will be outside of cell service during the week long camp. If you have an emergency, or if your child needs to talk to home, we can make that happen and we’ll always be in contact with our office if it’s not an emergency.